Amber Rose Levonchuck
October 21, 1983
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
(m. 2013; div. 2016)
|Partner(s)||Alexander 'A.E' Edwards|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Hair color||Natural brunette (dyed blonde)|
|Eye color||Amber; wears blue contacts|
|Agency||Nick Cannon (N'Credible Entertainment)|
Amber Rose Levonchuck (born October 21, 1983) is an American model, rapper and television personality. She first gained attention after she appeared in the music video for Young Jeezy and Kanye West's single "Put On." In 2008, Rose began a high-profile two-year romantic relationship with West that led her to star in his Louis Vuitton ads. She then signed a modeling contract with Ford Models in 2009. She would attain further prominence after she appeared as a video vixen in numerous hip-hop music videos.
After splitting from West in 2010, Rose began dating rapper Wiz Khalifa, whom she married in 2013. Rose filed for divorce in 2014. Following this, she released her first book, How to Be a Bad Bitch, published by Simon & Schuster. In 2015, she founded the Los Angeles chapter of the SlutWalk protest march, an annual feminist demonstration founded in Toronto. Rose then hosted her own talk show, entitled The Amber Rose Show, on VH1, which debuted in 2016. That same year, she also began hosting the syndicated radio call-in program Loveline.
Amber Levonchuck was born on October 21, 1983, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Dorothy Rose and Michael Levonchuck. Her father is of Irish and Italian descent and her mother is of Cape Verdean and maternal Scottish descent from Ayrshire. She has one brother named Antonio Hewlett. Rose grew up in South Philadelphia.
Rose claimed to have begun stripping at the age of 15 under the pseudonym "Paris," to provide for her family after her parents' divorce. On Van Lathan's The Red Pill podcast, she claimed that she also attempted to sell crack cocaine, but was not successful.
Rose's appearance in Young Jeezy and Kanye West's "Put On" video in 2008 caught the attention of West. Rose then gained more exposure after posing for a Louis Vuitton print advertisement featuring West's sneaker line. Rose walked the runway at New York Fashion Week for "Celestino". Rose has also made cameos in music videos such as Nicki Minaj's "Massive Attack," Young Jeezy's "Vacation", Wiz Khalifa's "No Sleep", Fabolous' "You Be Killin' Em", Ludacris' "What Them Girls Like" and Future's "Mask Off". She was signed with modeling agency Ford Models from 2009 to 2010.
In 2010, she appeared in Russell Simmons's reality show about his two assistants, Running Russell Simmons. She also starred in a PSA by NOH8 Campaign. In 2011, Rose was a guest judge on Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race. She was also a judge on Season 2 of Master of the Mix. In November 2011, she became the spokesperson for Smirnoff and appeared in television ads and billboards for the company's new flavors Whipped Cream and Fluffed Marshmallow.
Rose released her debut single "Fame," which features Wiz Khalifa, on January 10, 2012, followed by a second single, titled "Loaded," released on February 6, 2012. She then rapped on the eleventh track of her ex-husband's album O.N.I.F.C., titled "Rise Above," along with rappers Tuki Carter and Pharrell Williams, who produced the song. She was managed by Leticia "Tish" Cyrus, mother of singer Miley Cyrus, who is Rose's and her ex-husband Wiz Khalifa's close friend.
In September 2009, Rose announced plans to launch her own eyewear line. In 2012, Rose opened a clothing line with her friend Priscilla Ono called Rose & Ono. Rose guest-starred on an episode of Wild 'N Out on MTV2, and had a role as "MaryWanna" in the film School Dance, which was directed by her manager, Nick Cannon in 2014. Simon & Schuster published her first book, How to Be a Bad Bitch, in which she offers advice and personal anecdotes on everything from finances and career to love and fashion. The cover features an image shot by famed photographer David LaChapelle.
In 2015, Rose filmed "Walk of No Shame with Amber Rose" with Funny or Die. The viral video helped promote Rose's SlutWalk, which took place on October 3, 2015, in Los Angeles, California. In March 2016, Rose launched an emoji app called MuvaMoji, featuring 900 emoji icons that she curated. In May 2016, it was announced that Rose would star in her own talk show entitled The Amber Rose Show on VH1, which debuted on July 8, 2016. On September 8, 2016, Rose began hosting Loveline.
Dancing with the Stars
On August 30, 2016, Rose was announced as one of the celebrities who would compete on the 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. They were eliminated on October 17 and finished in ninth place.
Rose dated rapper Kanye West for two years, starting in 2008.
She began dating rapper Wiz Khalifa in early 2011. The couple got engaged on March 1, 2012, and married on July 8, 2013. Their son was born in 2013. Rose, Khalifa, and their son divided their time between homes in Los Angeles and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Rose filed for divorce from Khalifa on September 22, 2014, citing irreconcilable differences and planned to take full custody of their son. As of 2015, Rose and Khalifa have joint custody of their son.
Rose dated Machine Gun Kelly in April 2015, they split up two months later.
Beginning in summer 2017, Rose was dating 21 Savage. As of March 2018, the couple have separated.
In 2009, in regard to her sexual orientation, Rose stated, "I'm extremely open with my sexuality. I can be in love with a woman, I can be in love with a man. As far as humans go, I definitely find beauty in everybody, whether they're heavy-set, super-skinny, if they're white, black, Indian, Asian, Spanish. I can see beauty in anybody. If I see a woman and I think she's beautiful and I like her, and she likes me back we can definitely try to be in a relationship together." In 2016, Rose disclosed to guest Margaret Cho during an episode of her podcast Love Line with Amber Rose that she once dated a trans man.
On April 3, 2019, Rose disclosed via an Instagram post that she is expecting a baby boy with Def Jam record label executive Alexander Edwards. In October 2019, Rose gave birth to a son.
On October 3, 2015, Rose led the Los Angeles-based SlutWalk to honor all women who have been judged and demeaned for their sexual behavior. As part of the event, Rose spoke publicly about the instances of shaming she has experienced, specifically mentioning an incident at the age of 14, when a male classmate pulled his genitals out while in a closet with her playing the kissing game "seven minutes in heaven". Rose related that he tricked her into kneeling down in front of him, then threw open the closet door for all of their friends to see, suggesting oral sex had taken place. Rose grew visibly agitated while speaking about the bullying that followed, demonstrating for her audience the depth of the trauma the experience caused.
Rose has since been associated with the event annually.
|2007||A Haunting||Jessie||1 episode|
|2008||Better Off Alone||Jennifer||Short film|
|2011||RuPaul's Drag Race||Herself||Guest judge|
|2011–12||Master of the Mix||Judge|
|2012||Gang of Roses II: Next Generation||Tara X||Film|
|2014||Selfie||Fit Brit||TV series|
|2016||Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry||Herself||TV series|
|2016||What Happened Last Night||Melanie||Film|
|2016||The Eric Andre Show||Herself||TV series|
|2016||The Amber Rose Show||Herself|
|2016||Dancing with the Stars||Herself/Contestant||Season 23|
|2017||America's Next Top Model||Herself/Guest||Season 23|
|2019||Hell's Kitchen||Herself/Guest diner||Episode: "What's Your Motto?"|
|2022||Good Mourning||Weed girl|
- ^ a b "Amber Rose > Full Biography". VH1. Archived from the original on November 2, 2013. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- ^ "8 Years Of Muva! Amber Rose's Rise From Video Vixen To A-List Bad Bitch". Global Grind. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2022-06-20. * "Amber Rose Reacts to Kanye West's Controversial "Famous" - E! Online". www.eonline.com. Retrieved 2022-06-20. * Lewis, Taylor. "Why Amber Rose's SlutWalk Made Me Check Myself". www.essence.com. Retrieved 2022-06-20.
- ^ "Amber Rose claims she has lackluster sex life". Rolling Out. 2015-06-11. Retrieved 2022-06-20. * "Amber Rose Hosts SlutWalk in Lingerie". Extra. Retrieved 2022-06-20. * "Why Is Claudia Jordan Defending Amber Rose?". Bravo TV Official Site. 2015-03-10. Retrieved 2022-06-20. * "Amber Rose Reveals How Her Son Feels About the Way She Dresses". BET. Retrieved 2022-06-20. * "Amber Rose's Third Annual SlutWalk Kicks Off in LA". Complex. Retrieved 2022-06-20.
- ^ a b c "Rose&Ono". Archived from the original on February 6, 2015. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ "Amber Rose Hosts TAO BEACH". gettyimages.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ Ponce, Gina (June 15, 2010). "Coming up Rose". YRB. Archived from the original on August 15, 2010.
- ^ "Kanye West's ex Amber Rose says she was a stripper at age 15". Archived from the original on December 31, 2014. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ zap2it.com Amber Rose: A brief history on the bald and the beautiful Archived April 18, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ blackbookmag.com Rose Disrobes for LV advertisements Archived April 20, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Rap Up". Rap Up. March 16, 2010. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- ^ "Ford No Longer Represents Amber Rose". New York Magazine. December 17, 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- ^ "NOH8 Campaign PSA No. 3 I am Human". Noh8campaign.com. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- ^ "Amber Rose In Smirnoff Vodka Commercial (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- ^ "Amber Rose Readies First Single with Wiz Khalifa". Rap-Up.com. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- ^ "Amber Rose – Loaded". youtube. Archived from the original on October 30, 2021. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- ^ "Rise Above (feat. Pharrell, Tuki Carter & Amber Rose)". allmusic.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose sat down for their first interview as husband and wife". August 29, 2013. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ "Amber Rose and Priscilla Ono". June 10, 2014. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ "Wild N Out Season 6 Ep 10 – Amber Rose & Wiz Khalifa". Youtube. Archived from the original on July 9, 2015. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ "Amber Rose Reveals "How To Be A Bad Bitch" Book Cover". BallerStatus.com. June 7, 2015.
- ^ "Walk Of No Shame with Amber Rose". Funny Or Die. September 14, 2015. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- ^ "Amber Rose's SlutWalk sparks debate". CNN. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- ^ "Amber Rose Releases MuvaMoji App". BallerStatus.com. March 31, 2016.
- ^ Cavassuto, Maria (May 23, 2016). "TV News Roundup: 'Real Housewives of Orange County,' 'Amber Rose Show' Set Premiere Dates". Variety. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- ^ McGloster, Niki (July 8, 2016). "Amber Rose new tv show". Billboard. Retrieved July 10, 2016.
- ^ Schillaci, Sophie (September 8, 2016). "Exclusive: Amber Rose Taking Over Iconic 'Loveline' Franchise With New Podcast: 'I Don't Hold Anything Back'". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- ^ "'DWTS' 2016 Celebrity Cast Revealed: Ryan Lochte, Amber Rose, Rick Perry Among Star Lineup". Good Morning America: Yahoo. August 30, 2016. Archived from the original on August 30, 2016. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- ^ Kubicek, John (October 17, 2016). "'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Latin Night with Pitbull and One Couple Goes Home". BuddyTV. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- ^ "A History of Kanye West and Amber Rose's Relationship". Complex.
- ^ Christie D'Zurilla (March 2, 2012). "Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifa engaged; 'Love Is Everywhere'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- ^ "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Tie the Knot". Billboard. July 8, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- ^ "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Welcome Son Sebastian Taylor". People. February 21, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- ^ "Wiz Khalifa Buys House in Pennsylvania for nearly $1M". complex.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ "So What He Bought a House? Wiz Khalifa Digs Into Pittsburgh 'Burbs". zillow.com. March 28, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ "Wiz Khalifa buys $900K home for fiancee Amber Rose". March 29, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- ^ Corriston, Michele (September 24, 2014). "Amber Rose Is Divorcing Wiz Khalifa". People. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- ^ Claire Rutter (March 29, 2015). "Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa 'settle for joint custody over son Sebastian'". Daily Mirror. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- ^ "Read Up on Machine Gun Kelly's Romantic History". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2022-03-09.
- ^ Coleman II, C. Vernon (February 10, 2018). "Amber Rose Sniffs 21 Savage's Underwear When She Misses Him". XXL. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- ^ Mizoguchi, Karen; Rubenstein, Janine (March 14, 2018). "Amber Rose and 21 Savage Split After Nearly 2 Years of Dating". People. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- ^ Jamie Murnane (August 13, 2009). "Amber Rose addresses all of the rumors". afterellen.com. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- ^ Evelyn Diaz (October 30, 2016). "Amber Rose Reveals She Dated a Transgender Man". BET.com. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- ^ "Surprise! Amber Rose Expecting a Baby Boy with Boyfriend Alexander 'AE' Edwards". People.
- ^ "Amber Rose and Alexander 'AE' Edwards Welcome Son Slash Electric Alexander Edwards". People.
- ^ "18 Statements Made During Amber Rose's First Annual Slut Walk | xoNECOLE". October 3, 2015. Archived from the original on July 16, 2016. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- ^ Scott, Sydney (26 October 2020). "Amber Rose Wants To See More Women Owning Their Sexuality". Essence. Archived from the original on October 3, 2017. Retrieved 2021-12-24.
- Amber Rose on Twitter
- Amber Rose on Instagram
- Amber Rose at IMDb
- Amber Rose at SKAM Artist